GEM is one of the best e-marketplaces introduced by the Indian government for all kinds of tenders and bidding. To begin using the GEM portal, one will need to register first and then easily sell or buy stuff with no worries. It is a dynamic, user-friendly, and self-sustaining marketplace portal that potential people can utilize to sell their common good and services conveniently.
Additionally, there are people facing problems in doing business using the traditional method. If you are one of them, then there is no need to be worried anymore. Government e-marketplace is here to resolve your hassle in the flick of a second. Potential people will need to visit the GEM portal website and register your business.
What are the Benefits of GEM Portal?
As we know, GEM allows folk to register as a buyer or as a seller. So, the benefits are different for both seller and buyer, which are listed below:
Benefits for Buyers
- First of all, the buyers’ return policy is quite flexible and user-friendly.
- Buyers can conveniently search with respect to the product or service categorization on the portal.
- The user-friendly dashboard of the GEM portal allows monitoring payments and the supply system with no worries.
- Portal allows buyers to do a wide-ranging search, make the selection, can make product comparisons, and purchase accordingly.
- 24/7 good or services available for buyers to avail from the GEM portal without facing any problem.
- Everything on the government e-marketplace is transparent, and potential buyers are at ease.
Benefits for Seller
- Sellers can conveniently grab direct entry to all government departments.
- GEM portal allowsthe seller to monitor payments and supplies using the responsive dashboard for selling products or services.
- The seller can get auctions or bids on services and products on the same online marketplace.
- One can easily update the price of products based on the prevailing market situations.
- Sellers also have the option to suggest the latest product on the GEM portal.
Requirement to register as a Seller in GEM portal
Anyone can register as a seller in the GEM portal and offer their products or services in the flick of seconds. If you are thinking of becoming a GEM seller, then fulfill the listed requirements and move on accordingly. Besides that, there are several seller categories available, which are as follows:
- Service provider
- OEM (original equipment manufacturer)
- OEM service provider
- Non-OEM service provider
Here are the documents needed for the Seller registration on the government online marketplace portal.
- PAN Card
- Active mobile number (for OTP)
- Active Email ID (for OTP)
- Address proof
- Identity proof
- Class 3 signature certificate
- Bank account details
- Certificate proof of incorporation (for LLPs or companies)
- MSME certificate (for an individual)
Here are the popular products that quickly sold on the government online marketplace portal India.
- Packaged drinking water
- Multi-media projectors
- Air conditioner
- Office equipment
- Pass book
- Smart card
- Computer, laptop, and its accessories such as mouse, keyboard and more
Steps to Register as a Buyer on GEM Portal
Following is the complete procedure of registering as a buyer on the government e-marketplace portal. If you are looking for steps, follow the listed process to learn how to do it with ease.
- Firstly, open your internet browser.
- Tap on the Search bar and visit the GEM Login portal.
- Press on the Register as Buyer option available on the screen.
- Now, a Terms and conditions screen will appear in front of you.
- Scroll down and click on the check box.
- After that, accept the terms and conditions
- Provide your Aadhaar Number in the empty field.
- Once done, give the Active mobile number.
- You will get an OTP on your mobile phone.
- Enter OTP and press on Submit to continue.
- At last, fill the form and upload the required documents.
- Press on Register to complete the registration.
Steps to Register as a Seller on GEM Portal
Here are the essential points to register as a Seller on the government online marketplace portal. Make sure to follow them properly and sell your products without facing any problems.
- To begin with, go to your internet browser.
- Press on the search bar and visit GEM Login portal.
- Click on the Seller section and continue.
- Afterward, tap on the check box to accept the terms and conditions.
- Choose the business or organization type on the portal.
- Fill in the business name in the required field.
- Now, complete the seller registration form.
- Once done, upload the required document.
- Finally, complete the GEM seller registration procedure.
After completing registration, you will need to visit GEM login portal and provide login credentials such as the User Name and password required to Sign successfully.
How to Check GEM bids or RA Online?
There is no need to login into GEM portal to check Bids and RAs. The following steps will help to check the government online marketplace bidding list for goods and services procurements.
- Double-tap to open your internet browser
- Go to the Search bar and visit the GEM India.
- Locate the Bid List option on your screen.
- After that, click on the Bids/RAs.
- Then, tap on the Service Bids/RAs.
- Choose the Bunch Bids/RAs
- Now, move to the Service Bunch Bids/RAs.
- At last, click on the Bid to RAs.
- Enter the Bid number in the required field to check.
- Check the department, quantity, and items required.
- Check the start and end bidding date.
How to Check Bid/RA Status on GEM online?
The following process will help to find out the status of Bid/RAs status online. Make sure to follow if you want to know the Bid/RA status conveniently.
- Open the internet browser and visit GEM Login portal India.
- Go to the Bid Result List option from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on the following option and enter the Bid Serial Number.
- Press on the Search button and continue.
- Check GEM bid status.
Overall speaking, the GEM login portal is a better option for people to buy or sell products easily. So, don’t waste your time and login to the online government marketplace for top-notch products or services.